MASB-SEG Property/Casualty Pool
Phone: (800) 292-5421/ Fax: (517) 482-0800
The MASB-SEG Property/Casualty Pool is the largest self-insured education risk pool in the country, by total insured value, and the third largest by students served. The Pool now serves the property and liability needs of 465 educational organizations in Michigan. Members of the Pool are its owners and “shareholders,” and receive regular net asset returns. Educational entities must be affiliated with MASB to participate in the Property/Casualty program.
Districts join us because of our competitive rates and excellent coverages. They stay with us because of our high-quality service, our prompt and fair claim administration and our surplus distributions. Our property and liability program is designed to fit the needs of educational organizations of all sizes.
Here are some distinguishing features of the Pool's coverage:
- No annual aggregate for general liability. Reject a policy with an annual maximum (aggregate) for bodily injury lawsuits.
- Special education hearing litigation coverage and Equal Employment Opportunity complaint hearing coverage.
- Medical payment for student injuries. Reject a policy that does not cover your district’s greatest risk—injury to students.
- School-specific risk coverages included at no additional cost: sexual abuse liability, law enforcement liability, violent acts, and innocent party defense.
- Automatic school bus replacement cost coverage for vehicles with a model year no older than three years from the current calendar year.
The Pool offers:
- Replacement cost on all property
- Up to $11 million in liability coverage
- Up to $5 million in Errors & Omissions coverage
- Blanket fleet coverage
- Extensive Equipment Breakdown/Boiler coverage
- Risk control services, including educational seminars